- A reduced-calorie sweetener used for making hard candy. This product can be used to make the edible gems, pulled sugar, blown sugar and as a sugar substitute in baking.
- High resistance to humidity and will not crystallize.
- If no color added, the candy hardens clear.
- Large Bag - Great Value. Net Weight: 16 oz.(453.6g)
- To color your candy use colouring
- Certified Kosher
Isomalt Hard Candy/Jewel Recipe
1 cup Isomalt
1/3 cup distilled hot water
Gel for colour (optional)
Combine Isomalt & water in a 1 quarter heavy saucepan & cook it over medium heat while stirring until crystals dissolve. Dip pastry brush & wash down sides to prevent crystallizing. Monitor temperature using a candy thermometer & at 120 degrees Celsius, colouring can be added. Cook till 160 degrees Celsius & remove the pan from heat. Set saucepan into a cold water pan to stop cooking process. Stir in flavouring when syrup stops bubbling. Sugar syrup is ready for pieces, molds, pulling, & sugar blowing.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MJ Goods users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review